JOIN US to enjoy $20 off your first order, minimum spend applies
DREAMS CAN CHANGE THE WORLD
Audiobook promotion - CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Acceptance of these Conditions of Entry is a condition of entry to this promotion.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, this is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
3. Entry to this promotion commences at 00.01am AEDT on Monday 9 August 2021 and closes at 11:59pm AEDT on Sunday 29 August 2021 (Entry Period).
4. Entry to this promotion is open to Australian residents with a child or grandchild (who is also an Australia resident) aged from 3 – 10 years (i.e. born between 29 August 2010 and 29 August 2018) (eligible child). Employees of the Promoter and the Promoter’s suppliers and agencies associated with this Promotion (and those employees’ immediate families which includes parents, siblings, children) are ineligible.
5. The Promoter is seeking to create an audiobook entitled Dreams Can Change the World, co-developed by creative young Australians (Audiobook). To enter the promotion entrants must:
- visit the website sheridan.com.au/kids (Promotion Website) and register as an entrant;
- subscribe to the Sheridan newsletter including Kids & Baby;
- upload a video of their eligible child answering three promotion questions (Entered Child),
- fill in the entry form online and submit it to the Promotion Website.
Videos must be capable of linking with or appearing on Facebook or Instagram, must be in MP4 or MOV file format, must have a maximum upload size of 5GB per entry, and must have a minimum resolution of 1080p Full HD, and meet any other criteria set out at the Promotion Website.
6. The Entered Child must be readily identifiable in the entered video and the most dominantly featured person in the video.
7. The Entered Child's age is to be determined as at 29/08/21.
8. Entrants may only enter a video of their own child or grandchild and must be or have the approval of each of the Entered Child’s parents and/or legal guardians to enter the promotion. Entrants must own the copyright of any video uploaded or otherwise be entitled to use the video in this way. An eligible child may only be entered once for the promotion and any Entered Child pictured in an entry must be decently dressed and presented. Video entries may be published on any of the Promoter’s digital channels, paid social media, and used for PR during, but not limited to, the Sheridan Kids launch promotion. The Entered Child’s first name may be used in all channels alongside their video or with any image of the Entered Child taken from the video and used on the Promotion Website in relation to this promotion.
9. Entrants warrant and agree that, without limitation:
- they will not submit any material (including without limitation, the entry itself, images, answers to questions, posts or comments and whether on the Promotion Website or elsewhere in relation to this promotion or any entrant or entry) (Content) that is unlawful or fraudulent or that may be in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, politically incorrect, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, racist, ageist, sexist, objectionable with respect to religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication in the context of this promotion;
- they will only submit Content which they have personally created or have the right to submit;
- their entry will not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they have the approval of all parents and/or legal guardians of the Entered Child depicted in the entry;
- they will comply with these Conditions of Entry and with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems;
- they have the full authority to grant to the Promoter the rights referred to in these Conditions of Entry; and
- they will indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach these Conditions of Entry.
10. Entrants agree:
- they are fully responsible for the Content which they submit. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, determine whether an entry will be posted, or remain posted on its websites. The Promoter reserves the right to vet or remove any Content at any time in its absolute discretion. However, the Promoter is not responsible for any Content uploaded to the site and visitors to the site view it at their own risk. Notwithstanding any decision by the Promoter to post Content on its website, the terms and warranties set out in these Conditions of Entry continue to apply;
- to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies they have or may have against the Promoter with respect to the entries and Content they submit and their use of the Promotion Website, and agree to indemnify and hold the Promoter, its officers, agents and affiliates harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to their use of the site;
- to report abuse, harassment, inappropriate content or privacy complaints by visiting email@example.com.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any Content from the Promotion Website and invalidate any associated entry without prior notice and for any reason it sees fit in its sole discretion, including if properly notified that such material infringes on another's intellectual property rights or does not meet these Conditions of Entry.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants. Without limitation, entrants agree to provide a copy of the Entered Child’s birth certificate to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter has the right to invalidate any entry which it considers to be (or may be) in breach of these Conditions of Entry. Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of the promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
SELECTING THE SHORT LIST AND WINNERS
13. A shortlist of Entered Children will be selected by the Promoter by Wednesday 1 September 2021. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the shortlisted entries. Each entry which remains on the Promotion Website at the time of judging will be individually judged by representatives of the Promoter based on the narrative they have provided in their video entry and the fit of each of the winners’ entries to make a compelling story for the Audiobook.
14. Shortlisted entrants will be contacted by email and/or telephone using details provided in the entry form and must make themselves and their Entered Child available for a short telephone or online interview with the Promoter’s representatives between Wednesday 1 September – 12pm AEST (midday) Friday 3 September, to ascertain their suitability and availability for participation in the prize.
15. From this shortlist, the Promoter will then choose the seven winners. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry which remains on the Promotion Website at the time of judging will be individually judged by representatives of the Promoter based on the narrative they have provided in their video entry, their shortlist interview and the fit of each of the winners’ entries to make a compelling story for the Audiobook.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
16. The winners will be announced on Friday 3 September, 2021 at the Promotion Website. Winners’ details may also be shared at the Promoter’s social media channels. All winners will be notified individually by email and telephone using details provided in the entry form.
17. The winners will each receive the following:
- The chance for their Entered Child to contribute to Sheridan’s Dreams Can Change the World Audiobook – this includes the Entered Child attending an online workshop with their parent and the other winners to help build the narrative of the story with the ghost story writer (w/c 30 August 2021) (Online Workshop);
- $1,000 cash;
- $500 RRP worth of Sheridan Bedding range from the Sheridan Kids collection, selected by the Entered Child, as per available stock on the Sheridan website; and
- The chance for their Entered Child to attend a recording studio (online or in person at the discretion of the Promoter) to voice/narrate some of the final story in order to create the Dreams Can Change the World Audiobook (Recording). In the event that an Entered Child needs to attend a physical location to participate in this aspect of the prize, it is the winner’s responsibility to organise any necessary accommodation and/or transport to and from the location at the winner’s expense.
18. Prizes will be awarded to the winning entrants, being the Entered Child’s parent or legal guardian. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. All aspects of the prize must be taken together.
19. If for any reason, a winner and/or their Entered Child is not able to participate in the Promoter’s Online Workshop on the date scheduled by the Promoter, the Promoter may at its discretion:
- disqualify the winner and their Entered Child (who will then forfeit all their prizes); and/or
- use only the Entered Children of other winners in developing its Dreams Can Change the World Audiobook, and/or
- select one of the other short-listed entrants as an additional winner, which entrant will then receive the prize.
20. If for any reason, a winner and/or their Entered Child has participated in the online workshop but is not able to participate in the Promoter’s Recording of the Audiobook on the date scheduled by the Promoter, or if the Promoter is not able to facilitate the narration of the Audiobook by each Entered Child of the winners due to travel or health restrictions in place affecting the Promoter or the potential participants, the Promoter may at its discretion:
- use the Entered Children of other winners in this promotion to voice/narrate the Audiobook, including any sections to which any Entered Child has contributed, and/or
- engage third parties to voice/narrate some or all of the final story in the Audiobook.
21. If requested by the Promoter, winners will sign a legal disclaimer on reasonable terms determined by the Promoter, reflecting these Conditions of Entry, as a condition of taking part in the prize.
22. Once created, it is the intention of the Promoter that the Audiobook will be available free of charge to members of the public and will be hosted on Spotify or alternate reputable hosting platforms selected by the Promoter in its sole discretion. The Winners agree, on behalf of themselves and their Entered Child, that no attribution of their Entered Child as a contributor to the Audiobook is required, but may be included at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
23. All entrants consent, on behalf of themselves and their Entered Child, to the use of their name and any other Content they submit, including the first name and video (or stills taken from the video) of their Entered Child, by the Promoter for an unlimited period and for any purpose including promoting, publicising or marketing the Promotion Website and this promotion including any outcome of this promotion in any media including at the Promotion Website and the Promoter’s social media pages. Without limitation, the Promoter may continue to make the Promotion Website available for viewing by the public after the end of the promotion. The Promoter will not be obliged to remove any Content posted during the promotion from its social media pages after completion of the promotion. The Promoter shall ensure that any such use is reasonable and reputable. The opportunity to participate in the promotion and the chance to win a prize constitutes the entire consideration payable by the Promoter in respect of such use.
24. Entrants agree, on behalf of themselves and their Entered Child, in the event they are a winner to:
- assign to the Promoter all rights in respect of their entry, including their Content, with effect from the time of entry;
- assign to the Promoter, with effect upon creation, any and all rights in relation to any content, ideas, works or other performances provided by themselves or their Entered Child during the Online Workshop or the Recording (Workshop Content);
- the Promoter taking photographs, audio material or video footage at the Online Workshop or Recording (Promoter Recordings) and to the subsequent use of the Promoter Recordings for an unlimited period for the purposes of any advertising and promotion of the Promoter and its products. Such advertising and promotion may include, without limitation, use of photographs on Sheridan owned channels, digital advertising and PR. All Promoter Recordings, including without limitation any intellectual property rights in the Promoter Recordings, become the property of the Promoter immediately upon creation.
25. The prizes constitute the entire consideration payable by the Promoter in respect of the winners’ and their Entered Child’s participation in the Online Workshop and Recording and any use (in perpetuity) of Content, Workshop Content or Promoter Recordings, including in subsequent marketing, advertising or promotional materials or campaigns. Without limitation, the winners and each Entered Child of a winner will not be entitled to any additional modelling fees, talent fees or other payment in respect of the Online Workshop or Recording or the use of their Content, Workshop Content or Promoter Recordings by the Promoter.
26. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize. All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving the prize(s) are the sole responsibility of the winners.
27. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserve the right in its sole discretion, subject to any written directions given by any relevant authority in each State and Territory, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
28. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entries from, and prohibit further participation in this Promotion by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Promotion or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
29. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise.
30. The Promoter and associated agencies and companies (and their officers, employees and agents) will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize or gift, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
31. Any change in the value of the prizes occurring between the date of these terms and conditions and the date the prizes are claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
32. All entries will be the property of the Promoter. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this promotion and, in the case of the winners, in relation to the conduct of the Promoter’s Online Workshop and Recording and publication of the Audiobook. The Promoter may disclose Entrants’ personal information to contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion, conducting the Online Workshop and Recording, to communicate with Entrants and where relevant, to State and Territory gaming authorities. Winners’ names will be published if required under the relevant lottery legislation. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. Entrants can access their personal information by contacting the Promoter’s Privacy Officer at Level 1, 115 Cotham Road, Kew, Victoria, 3101 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
33. The laws of New South Wales, Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
34. The Promoter is Sheridan Australia Pty Ltd ABN: 89 094 091 380 of Level 6, 45 Jones St, Ultimo NSW.